Monday, August 26, 2013

Take a Walk

After dinner with a girlfriend in Yafo, I took one look at the view of Tel Aviv, felt the breeze against my skin and decided to walk back to my place in South TLV.



As I heard the waves crashing, I heard Hebrew and Arabic in passing, as well as the typical French and Russian. Along the whole boardwalk I saw the following: friends talking on a bench, people drinking in parking lots, couples having a romantic moment on the beach, an Muslim family taking pictures, friends and couples eating dinner and having drinks, passerby's exercising and riding bikes, an Israeli family having a BBQ... While all of this is happening I can't help to think to myself that it is 11pm on a Saturday night (the last night of the weekend in Israel) and it seems like Friday's in America. So much action yet tranquility at the same time! I thought at that very moment that I'm so lucky to be able to experience a life like this; of 90% joy and happiness. Israel is very much like Europe; most smoke and the cafe's are full 24/7. There's a laid back attitude here. There's a mentality of 'I can do it later' which is good and bad, but mostly good because they enjoy the now. This is one of the reasons why I love the life in Israel... they don't merely exist, they live!

When I arrived home, I felt like the stroll was well worth it, and I felt the positive energies from this country! There is no place like Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment